There are 5 major components to good advertising copy: (The order of these is essential to success)
- Command Attention
- Showcase Benefits of Products/Services
- Prove the Benefits
- Persuade People to Embrace the Benefits
- Call to Action
Advertising is sales in print. So, you need to think about the unique benefits your products/services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to emphasize results, not features.
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these components:
- Command Attention: This is usually accomplished with the headline. You need an attention-getter that makes people want to know more about your products/services. The best headlines give a vivid portrayal of the benefits or show how a problem can be avoided with your products/services. The headline is the advertisement for the advertisement.
- Showcase Benefits: You have to showcase the benefits of your products and services and, more importantly, show how they will solve or prevent a problem. They need to know what’s in it for them. Include useful, factual and clear information to show precisely what the benefits are and how they are going to help the customer.
- Offer Proof: This is where you prove what the advertisement is offering. You need to establish you have a method to deliver. Consider information that establishes credibility and past performance.
Persuade: You need to add compelling reasons for your potential customers to purchase your products/services. Use a hard sell approach and create scarcity. This will enact your potential customers to feel like they have to act now. Which leads into the last component.
- Call to Action: You need to compel your potential customers to DO something. They need to check out your site, sign up for your newsletter, purchase your products, contact you about services…something. Offer a freebie-a booklet, sample, product, bonus, demo, consult, limited time price…the list goes on. There are lots of ways to get potential customers excited about ordering and help them feel like they are getting an amazing deal.
Good advertisements include all of these components and are not complete without any of them. You can sit down and think through any one of these components, then figure out how to best place them together for the most effectiveness. We can help you with this too. Try our FREE test drive to learn how to put together great advertisements from some of the best in the business.
Today I’d like to teach you about the three most important start up marketing tools you need to get and keep new customers.
- In person: It’s essential you meet with customers/clients in person whenever possible. This shows you respect them and take the time to work with your clients to give personal attention to each of them.
- Follow up letter: Always take a moment to send a follow up letter about what you talked about, new agreements or partnerships made and to thank them for taking the time to meet with you. Likewise, you should always send thank you letters or small gifts to partners you find success with.
- Phone call: Use a telephone call to follow up with them to talk again about the matters you talked about in your meeting and offer any assistance you can to help their business run smoothly and more successfully.
None of these will work if you don’t have a quality product/service to back you up!
Here are the key steps for putting together your start-up marketing tools:
- Research potential customers, buyers, competitors and their preferred methods of distribution.
- Talk to potential customers. Take a hard look at your product from a customer’s perspective and see what it needs to be successful.
- Follow up with your 3-step process from above.
- Develop systems for contact follow through, quality control standards and customer service.
- Develop post-sale follow up system to keep lines of communication open is customers and build on your current relationship which increases future purchases.
“Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs”
– Peter Drucker, management consultant
Today you’re going to learn how to find a target market of potential customers so you aren’t wasting precious resources on blitz marketing. So, the two questions you have to ask yourself are:
• What do people really want to buy from me?
• What related products are they already buying?
Once you figure this out you will know who is more predisposed to purchase your products/services. Then, you find other businesses with the same customer base who you can customer share with. Come up with an incentive and great arrangement to encourage both of your customer bases to shop at both of your stores.
The basic concept is this:
You want to find existing businesses who have the customer profile that you are looking for to market your products/services to.
Then strike up a relationship with those business owners to work out an incentive for customers to purchase from both businesses.
As a result, you have an audience to market to and they generate an added value from their current base.
So, how do you figure this out? There is a great formula from Jay Abraham you can follow with great success.
LV = (P x F) x N – MC
Here’s what it all means:
• LV is the life time value of a customer
• P is the average profit margin from each sale
• F is the number of times a customer buys each year
• N is the number of years customers stay with you
• MC is the marketing cost per customer (total costs/number of customers)
Once you know how much you need to spend to attract a new customer, you will know how much of an incentive you can offer to a business to help attract new customers.
So, here’s your step-by-step process:
1. Find companies who already have the customer base you are looking for.
2. Negotiate an incentive for them to share that customer base with you.
3. Focus your marketing resources to this group of predisposed customers.
If you need help working through this process, check out our FREE test drive for the most comprehensive system of marketing tools and resources.
Direct response advertising is a marketing method that demands a direct reaction from your potential customers. This sort of advertising is made use of to respond to inquiries, present your branding, products and the reason you do exactly what you do. Customers enjoy this, as they are allowed the opportunity to response, no matter if that be in the method of enrolling for an e-newsletter, uploading an opinion on your website or blog site, or acquiring an item through you.
So, just what does direct response marketing look like? Well, it can be found in several types, including:
1. Direct-mail advertising
2. Print advertisements
3. Radio station and TELEVISION ads
4. Coupons or additional motivators
A couple of the benefits of direct advertising are:
- An excellent way to make use of free time throughout lulls in business
- Productive means to communicate and enable you to develop even more relationships
- Great method to up – and cross-sell to existing clients
- Affordable way to rustle up new business
- Used as influence to turn tiny sales into huge profits
- Bolster your existing advertising plan
- Affordable way to make contact with target markets
- Offers measurable results
- Reach outside your neighborhood region for brand-new sales
- Increase the usefulness of your sales force
- These are all fantastic things that are able to originate from merely taking a couple simple steps to setting up a direct response advertising plan and executing it.
“I honestly don’t think you’ll ever find a safer, lower-risk, higher-profit method of increasing your business or profession than direct-response marketing.”
Direct response advertising is just one of the best methods to introduce your enterprise on a large scale and reach out to every person in your target market even if they are in your regional area or not.
In person: It’s crucial you meet with customers/clients in person whenever possible. This proves you recognize them and put in the time to use your clients to provide personal attention to each of them.
- Follow up notice: Consistently take a minute to send a follow up notice pertaining to exactly what you discussed, brand-new agreements or collaborations made and to say thanks to them for taking the time to meet with you. Additionally, you must constantly deliver thank you letters or tiny gifts to partners you find success with.
- Call: Utilize a phone conversation to follow up with them to chat once more about the matters you talked about in your meeting and provide any sort of assistance you can to aid their business run smoothly and even more successfully.
Here are the crucial actions for putting together your start-up advertising devices:
- Study possible customers, buyers, opponents and their preferred ways of distribution.
- Chat to potential consumers. Take a very hard look at your item from a client’s point of view and see exactly what it should be successful.
- Follow up by having your 3-step procedure from above.
- Develop procedures for contact follow through, quality control benchmarks and client service.
- Develop post-sale follow up procedure to keep lines of communication open is customers and build on your existing relationship which increases long term purchases.
“Marketing and innovation produce outcomes; all the remainder are prices”
“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.”